Admiral Insurance Company Limited transfer of European business to
Admiral Europe Compañía de Seguros S.A.
Admiral transferred its Italian and Spanish insurance business from Admiral Insurance Company Limited (AICL) in the UK to Admiral Europe Compañía de Seguros S.A. (AECS) based in Spain, with effect from 1st January 2019.
The High Court of England and Wales approved the transfer at a court hearing on 17 December 2018.
A simultaneous transfer of Italian and French business from Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited (AIGL) to AECS took place under a parallel Gibraltar transfer process with the same Effective Date. This was approved by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission on 17 December 2018.
Below are links to a number of documents linked to the transfer:
- Scheme Report prepared by the Independent Expert
- Summary of the Independent Expert’s Scheme Report
- Supplementary Report prepared by the Independent Expert
- Addendum to the Independent Expert's Supplementary Report
- Updated legal document describing the Terms of the Scheme
- Document highlighting the changes made to the original legal Scheme document
- Legal Scheme Summary